interpreter translation request
At the lounge, we carry out the following interpreting and translation activities in order to create a community where both foreigners and Japanese living in the city can live comfortably.However, we cannot accept requests for commercial, religious or political purposes.
- Dispatch volunteer interpreters to city halls, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Translation of information provided by city halls, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Interpretation and translation at the personal request of foreigners living in the city (content essential for daily life)
＊Sagamihara International Loungeが派遣する通訳者・翻訳者はプロではなくボランティアです。
・通訳や翻訳の内容に関して生じたトラブルについて、ボランティアとSagamihara International Loungeは責任を負うことはできません。
・通訳や翻訳により生じた損害について、ボランティアとSagamihara International Loungeは責任を負うことはできません。
How to apply
If you are a foreigner living in the city and would like to request an interpreter or translator, please consult with the lounge staff in person or by phone.At that time, we will ask you for your name, phone number, email, required language, request content, etc.In the case of translation, it is also necessary to submit interpretation documents.We may not be able to respond to sudden requests, so please allow at least one week for your request.
(Send email to:email@example.com）
Languages that can be interpreted/translated
7 languages: English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Filipino, Cambodian and Vietnamese.There are other languages that can be interpreted/translated for volunteers' convenience.
Fee (tax included)
- Administrative interpreter fee: 1 yen per session.Sagamihara City will bear the costs.
- Medical interpreting and other interpreting costs: 2000 yen for one session within Sagamihara city, 3000 yen for outside Sagamihara city.In principle, it will be borne by the requester.
However, in principle, interpretation by lounge staff during working hours in the lounge is free of charge.
- Translation fee: 1 yen per page (approximately 2000 characters in Japanese)
If the volunteer interpreter dispatch is canceled on the day of dispatch due to reasons attributable to the requester of the interpreter, the cost bearer will pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 2/1 of the amount specified above.